Sunday 17 August 2014

Eight Months Later


It’s been almost nine months since my last post, and to be honest I thought about abandoning the blog, but the combination of Timi leaving a comment, and it being the auspicious occasion of my 30th...well here I am again.

So what have I been up to since November 2013? Well in no particular order,


  • I chopped off all my hair, going from mid-back (stretched) to close-cropped.
  • I changed jobs. Twice. Once, because I got fed of commuting for over two hours each day, and the second time because I just couldn’t deal with the horrible atmosphere at the first job where I lasted only 3months.
  • I made lots of progress with my Italian. I go to the cinema/watch TV/listen to radio and can largely understand what is being said. I’ve also read my first two books entirely in Italian and have another two waiting to be read (one an early present, from Lulu my dear Italian friend).
  • I went to Brussels, and back to Bruges, with a friend in May. Then about 2weeks ago, went to Belgium for a staycation with the boyfriend, fitting in one day at the zoo (first time at a European zoo!) and one at the beach.
  • The boyfriend, who’s actually neither Kenyan nor called Hussien, ;) moved to Belgium last December for about 8months, which meant A LOT of travelling. Luckily my current job is flexible enough that I was basically able to live/shuffle between the two countries. Now he’s moving again, to Austria, which sadly means more "long-distancing," but more positively also means we can discover at least some of the eight bordering countries. 
  • I signed up for Instagram, in anticipation of all the travelling and new experiences I see in my future :)
  • My sisters decided to leave Paris this summer. The younger one is done with her gap year and will be leaving in 10days to take up her place at uni, while the older one, fed up of the city after about 5years has decided she wants to go home after her masters in September. I’ve decided I don’t want to be left behind, so I too am planning a move to Brussels for work and possibly further studies. Obviously lots of life changes and upheavals going on at the moment, especially since I have to look for a new job/flat/community etcetera. Luckily Belgian nurses’ registration is a relatively simple, if protracted process... Anyway this means that only 4years after graduating from uni, I am now a quadrilingual/tri-nationally registered (British-French-Belgian) nurse!
  • And well I turned 30 today. Happy birthday me ;)

2 comments:

  1. Please I beg you in the name of MTN, AIRTEL, and GLO Nigeria to not close this Blog. I mean you are talented and very.. Okay that didnt quantify it well enough, i meant veryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryveryvery Smart.. I mean i read you rpost and I am like ah!! She is smart oh! Biko how do you enjoy traveling so much?? Mehn I dont oh, maybe its cause i am a village boy that has never traveled by air before **Shines teeth.. So the morale of my story is please blog more.. **Pretty please **Wears puppy smile. I am here from Auserehls blog... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since you're so convincing, I promise to keep updating the blog haha!

    Village boy ko, village boy ni! I'm sure you love travelling too. I didn't travel by air until I was 17 and moved to England (except for going to Italy as a baby), but I always enjoyed road trips in Nigeria. I liked learning about other people and we're lucky to come from such a diverse and culturally rich nation. Start from there and please blog about your adventures. I'd love to read about you and YOUR travels too...in fact I'm off to your blog right now!

    ReplyDelete