Thursday 31 January 2013

Paris Snowed Under!

It snowed heavily last week, and I as usual, was quick to step outside for some "artsy" pictures with my trusty phone camera. I particularly love how the light changes when it snows, with the skies becoming stormy and slightly foreboding. It gives the city an eerie feeling, and automatically makes all my pictures look black and white or vintage. Anyway, here are a few of my favourite ones... 

Pictures were all taken late morning/early afternoon, with my HTC radar.







2 comments:

  1. Lovely photos. I like snow when it's fresh without any imprints- reminds me that I can do life over. But after a few hours or days, it mixes with dirt and doesn't look pretty anymore. It gets in the way, and you have to shovel it away. Still, the sight of fresh snow . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I love fresh snow too, although I think the dirty slush also serves a good purpose. It is there to remind us that life turns in a circle, that someday, as surely as that pretty fresh snow was replaced by slush, so it, itself will eventually get swept away. To be replaced in a few hours, days or even months again by snow.

      Thanks as always for your comments :)

      Delete